Charlotte-NC. The Latin American Coalition continues to assist those most in need and this February it shows you part of its achievements.
1. Our Welcome Center attended 516 families. He collaborated with Baby Bundles helping 28 low-income mothers with baby clothes and together with the Mecklenburg County Public Library donated 22 computers to low-income families.
2. Our Immigration Legal Clinic held the first citizenship workshop of the year. The workshop had the active participation of our community and the collaboration of 10 volunteers, 5 of whom are lawyers.
3. The Labor Economic Center successfully resumed the workshop “How to correctly register a company” with the participation of 35 people.
4. Our community closet assisted 118 adults and 50 children with clothing and information on resources in Mecklenburg County.
5. The Latin American Coalition participated in the annual meeting of the board of directors of the National Partnership for New Americans (NPNA), the institution that organizes the largest Immigrant Inclusion Conference in the US.